What is HARP?
HARP stands for the Home Affordable Refinance Program. It was introduced by the Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA) and the Department of the Treasury in early 2009 as part of the federal government’s Making Home Affordable™ program. HARP provides eligible homeowners, who may not otherwise qualify for refinancing because of declining home values, the ability to refinance their mortgage into a lower interest rate and/or more stable mortgage product. The program was enhanced in 2011 to allow more eligible homeowners to refinance.
You may qualify for HARP even if you:
- Have little equity or owe more than your home is worth
- Were turned down in the past
- Have a low credit score or income
- Don’t have money for closing costs
Top reasons to refinance with HARP:
- Lower your monthly payment
- Reduce your interest rate
- Get a fixed-rate mortgage that won’t change over time
- Build equity faster—shorter loan term options may be available
- Save time and money with usually no appraisal required
Contact us today at (772) 237-5211 or firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about getting pre-approved for your next mortgage.